ADVANCE YOUR CAREER AT CPG
INTERNSHIPS & EARLY CAREER
At CPG, we create opportunities for students and early career candidates to achieve and realize their full potential by providing hand-on experiences, access to mentors and meaningful project work. Many of our interns have continued on at CPG to take on permanent positions. Some highlights:
- Internships and entry level positions are announced regularly throughout the year
- CPG also invests in our employees, supporting their path towards professional licensure, professional association membership (AIA, NCARB), registration, state license fees, relevant industry exams, and reimbursement for select industry conferences and workshops
- Our teams are structured so that each project includes a Principal, who can help guide those early in their careers
Supporting students’ passion in architecture and interior design is an important way CPG invests in the local community and the future leaders of the design industry. As part of this commitment, and in honor and memory of a beloved member of CPG who passed away in October 2016 after battling cancer and Guillain-Barre Syndrome, the firm established The Carl Mirbach Memorial Scholarship in 2017. Since then, CPG has partnered with Norwalk Community College to award scholarships to students majoring in architecture or interior design degrees.
Read more about past scholarship winners here
Helping our team members develop their skills, stay on top of industry trends, and excel in their careers is critical to how we retain and grow our talent. We do this by offering a variety of ways, including:
- Leadership-supported initiatives, mentor and training programs, networking opportunities and access to industry experts/programs for every employee in the firm
- Monthly complimentary Lunch & Learn Sessions
- In-office and on-site vendor sponsored learning sessions, focusing on new product offerings, technical expertise, trend updates, factory visits, etc.