Deep Basin is an investment advisor based in Stamford, CT. They invited CPG to design their new Headquarters at this circa-1900 former factory building and create a place for their new home.
CPG’s approach was to embrace and enhance the historic charm and at the same time apply some careful restoration to incorporate key features:
- Exposed brick walls
- High ceilings with exposed timber beams
- Wood plank floors
New construction employed materials and methods in sync with the factory aesthetic, and contemporary lighting and furniture were used to draw contrast between present and past:
- Walls sheathed in metal panels
- Suspended lighting fixtures with exposed bulbs giving a retro look
- Live edge tables made from a tree uprooted nearby
- Black metal/glass office fronts
- Cozy fireplace to add a homey feeling to collaborate
The result created a cool, relaxed, and inviting office space that addresses the charm of the old with the sensibility of the new.